___________________________________________________________________________________The HCG Diet
The HCG Diet most often refers to the diet protocol that physician Dr. Simeon identified in the 1950's. He discovered that patients who were administered HCG daily could maintain their health through a low calorie diet
. When on a low calorie diet without receiving the HCG, patients became irritable, were hungry, experienced weakness, and/or had headaches.
The use of HCG in a diet will release the abnormal fat first, which will allow for a quick visual transformation of the body. It also corrects the patient's metabolism, which in turn will help the patient from gaining all the weight back once they are no longer on a restricted diet. However, in order to maintain a healthy weight after any weight loss program, you must always continue to have a well-balanced diet.
Dr Simeon's HCG diet protocol requires you to eat vegetables, fruit, meat, poultry, and/or fish (there are meat-substitute options for vegetarians). As with any diet, your success is mostly dependent on how well you abide by the diet program and eat only the food and portion sizes allowed.Click here
for a list of diet recipes.HCG Diet PhasesDays 1 & 2
- Start taking HCG drops and begin an extremely high fat, high calorie diet. This is a very essential step in resetting the body's fat regulating system, and in helping to reduce hunger during the first few days of the low-calorie phase.Days 3-21 ( or 42 )
- Continue taking the HCG drops that are now triggering the body to release abnormal fat as "food" for the body, and start with the low calorie diet. The burned fat is providing a flow of fuel to the body, so you won't feel too hungry as pounds are lost.Maintenance Phase
- Stop taking HCG diet drops. The body's fat regulation system has now been adjusted during the previous stage. Slowly increase your caloric intake, while closely watching and stabilizing your new weight.Low Calorie Diet Breakdown
One Serving of Fruit ( 2 x's a day )
Apple, 6-9 strawberries, an orange, OR ½ grapefruit
100 grams of lean meat (2 x’s a day)
(3.5 oz if weighed raw, 3.0 oz if cooked) veal, beef, chicken breast, turkey, white fish (tilapia, halibut, flounder, sole, wild Chilean sea bass), lobster, crab, or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking. 3 egg whites & 1 egg with yolk can be substituted for a protein once or twice a week.
Vegetables (2 x’s a day)
Spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, lettuce (any type), tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus and cabbage.
Drinks Water (1/2 to 1 gallon per day), Tea (any kind) or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only 1 Tablespoon of milk allowed in a 24 hour period. Stevia may be used as a sweetener. Green tea is also great to help with energy and even helps to burn more fat. (see fruity cold green tea recipe!)
2 Grissino breadsticks or 2 melba toasts
The juice of one lemon is allowed for all purposes and recommended to alkalize the body. Sea Salt (include it in your diet everyday), pepper, vinegar, mustard, garlic, sweet basil, parsley, thyme, chives, cilantro, etc. may be used for seasoning. Salsa/ pico de gallo in moderation. NO oil, butter, sugar or dressing.Approved Food & Drink
* Black Coffee
* Wu Long Tea
* Yerba Mate Tea
* Green Tea
* Chamomile Tea
You may have as much as you desire of plain spring water, mineral water, tea, coffee, or Zevia. You should drink about 2 liters of these liquids per day.
100 grams (weighed raw) of grilled (no oil or fat) one of the meat choices below:
* white fish
* chicken breast
* shell fish (shrimp, crab etc)
* Eggs are occasionally allowed (one whole egg+3 egg whites=100 grams of protein)
One large handful of one of the following vegetables:
* white, red & yellow onions
* beet greens
* Red Radishes
* lettuce of any kind
These can be eaten raw, steamed, grilled or boiled. Do not mix vegetables in the same meal.
One of the following fruits -
* 1 apple
* 1 orange
* 1/2 grapefruit
* 1 handful of strawberries: approx 6-9
One grissini breadstick or one melba toast.
Salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, basil, parsley, thyme, marjoram, etc. Watch for sugar in your spices!
* You may eat the breadstick and fruit as a snack in between meals instead of with your meals if you choose.
* No over the counter non-prescription drugs should be taken (with the exception of Aspirin).
* No cosmetics other than lipstick, eyebrow pencil and facial powder should be used.
* No creams, lotions or moisturizers that contain fat should be used. (Check the ingredient list. It is not safe to use if it contains “oil” or anything ending in “-ose”)
* You must eat everything as prescribed. Do not skip meals or leave out one of the food groups.
* Only Thai massage is allowed. No massages of any other type
* Food is sweetened with Stevia, an all-natural, sugar-free sweetener.Light Exercise
It is recommended that you do only light exercise while doing the hCG Diet. Walking, Yoga ,Pilates, lighter weight lifting (resistance) is great to keep up your strength. Stay away from high calorie burning exercises (ex. Running, aerobics). Over exercising will cause the body to go into starvation mode and hold on to the fat, fighting against the hCG.Keep Track of Weight
It is important to weigh yourself and keep track of your success. You will want to weigh yourself when you first get up in the morning (the same clothing attire every time) after you have emptied your bladder.The Maintenance Phase
The maintenance phase in the HCG diet comes after we have completed our goal for HCG whether it follows the 20 day or 40 day program. The purpose of the maintenance phase is to restore the metabolism and balance in the body and prevent any circumstance that the body will gain the weight back.
The maintenance phase lasts 3 weeks long and it is a crucial part of the diet in order to be successful with HCG. With-out the maintenance phase the weight gain will be uncontrollable after we are off the diet. When the last day of the diet drops expire then it is said that you can eat whatever you want which is true except you must avoid foods that have sugar and starch. During the three week time frame it is imperative to have a scale with you and make sure to find a time every day to weigh yourself. It takes about 3 weeks for the weight to stabilize and cease fluctuation. Dur-ing this period patients must realize that the carbohydrates, such as sugar, bread, rice, potatoes, pastries, etc, are to be avoided at all costs. If no carbohydrates whatsoever are eaten, fats can be indulged in somewhat more liberally and even small quantities of alcohol, such as a glass of wine with meals, does no harm, but as soon as fats and starch are combined things are very likely to get out of hand. This has to be observed very carefully during the first 3 weeks after the treatment is ended otherwise disappointments are almost sure to occur.
When you stop taking the drops, you must remain on the 500-calorie diet for 3 more days before increasing your calories. This allows time for the HCG to get out of your system. When you start the 4th day, you can increase your calorie intake to 1500 calories for the the Maintenance Phase. It is not recommended to have any more than 1500 calories during this phase. You can also begin an exercise routine since now you have a sufficient amount of calories to support it.
Remember, your weight will fluctuate during the first week or two. This is normal. Try a steak-, fish-, or chicken-only day, if you need to break a weight loss plateau. The weight will eventually stabilize and cease to fluctuate. Watch the starch and sugar intake very carefully during the 3 weeks. Eat organic foods as much as possible. Eat whatever you want, as long as it doesn't have starch or sugar, during the Maintenance Phase. Make sure you are eating the full 500 calories each day, even if you are not hungry. Use healthy fats and dairy products to increase your calorie intake, if needed. Drink a lot of water!
Please contact us with questions: